Thanks to all Contestants who came out this year! It was a blast to have all of you!
We would like to improve on next years event, any feedback would be great! Email us at email@example.com and let us know what we did right and what we could do better (suggestions welcome too!).
Chibi Chibi Con Cosplay Contest 2017
Online Registration: CLOSED
Pre-Judge line up*: 12:45pm
Contest Start Time: 2:00pm
Please read the rules before you register!
- Cosplay Contest registration is online only. This will be open until the 10th of February. No on-site registration will be accepted.
- Fill out your entry forms clearly, and do not skip portions. If you worry your character name or stage name will be mispronounced feel free to include phonetic pronunciation to the side of it. The MC’s will double check your name pronunciation when lining you up for pre-judging.
- There will be a cap of 75 slot for our Cosplay Contest this year. No on-site registrations so please register as soon as possible to ensure your place in our contest, as once our 75 spaces are filled up there will be no more openings.
- If for any reason you are confused, or have concerns about your entry, please contact the Cosplay Contest representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As of 1/24/2017, we will be closing registration on February 11th.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Participants must submit a completed entry form in order to participate in the Cosplay Contest.
- The contest is open to all ChibiChibiCon attendees for free, regardless of whether the entrant made the costume they are wearing or not. The contest is open to all character costumes regardless of origin – anime, television, video game, live action, original designs etc. The only rule is all costumes must adhere to the rules and policies of the convention. (More information on this below*)
- ALL entries must be a person in costume. Costumes for or on dolls, puppets, other inanimate objects or animals cannot be accommodated.
- You may enter as a group, but the limit is 5 people. To fill out the application as a group, in the character section start with “Group” followed by the characters. (EX; Group with Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven.)
- Costumes MUST cover areas normally covered by swimsuits or underwear – i.e. breasts, genitals and buttocks. Thongs are not permitted. For safety reasons, you must have footwear at ALL TIMES. If your character does not wear shoes, lack of accuracy will be forgiven.
- ChibiChibiCon’s 2017 Cosplay Contest will be cat walk format only. We are unable to accommodate skits. Each contestant will have 30 seconds to cross the stage, pose and display their costumes for the audience and photographers, then exit the stage. Contestants will not be given a mic for any reason. We will provide music and cannot accommodate music brought by contestants. Stage instructions will be given beforehand.
- All contestants must be present for line up one hour before the Contest (exact time TBA). Show up early if possible to be given time to line up in order of the number you received at registration. A 10 minute leeway will be given to enter the contest room for contestants but the doors will be closed at after (time TBA) to begin pre-judging. Failure to be present for lineup will result in disqualification with no exceptions. All small children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- A staff member with a list of all contestant names will be at the contest room doors to direct you inside. Further directions for contestant seating and stage rules will be given before the contest starts. Questions and concerns may be asked at this time, however if there is any accommodations you need for help on stage as well as off please let us know before-hand in an email or on your application form.
- The awards will be as follows: 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall and each judge will give a judge’s choice award for any reason they see fit.
- No portfolios, reference pictures or progress pictures are needed or accepted due to a limited time frame. Judges will review contestants during line-up and pre-judging for further information on your costume. Credit will be given to those making their own costumes, but none will be taken away from those who did not.
- Contestants will be judged on overall quality of the costume, stage presentation, presence and interpretation of the character.
- All contestants must enter and exit the stage at the designated areas and nowhere else. We cannot permit any jumping on or off stage, throwing anything, offensive language, political statements or gestures or any other activity that is against convention policy or would otherwise disturb the convention’s family friendly environment.
- Costumes must be self-contained. (i.e. your costume cannot be socketed or have any wire or electrical hook-ups.) Due to safety concerns, NOTHING may be thrown, sprayed or otherwise projected by contestants at anyone or anything (to include one another) while on stage. Props should NEVER leave a contestant’s hands while on stage.
- Failure to comply with these or any other ChibiChibiCon staff instructions will result in disqualification. Severe infractions can result in ejection from the premises. Our goal is to have fun in a safe, fun contest in a family friendly environment. Please assist us in this.
Questions before the convention can be directed to email@example.com.