This 2018, get ready to lip-sync for your life!
Thank you for your interest and your love in Chibi Chibi Con’s third annual lip-sync contest! We are so excited to have you all once again. If you are interested in applying as a contestant for 2018, please click this link to send in your application. Applications are first-come-first-serve for 20 slots that will close on February 7th!
- Please remember that CCC is a family friendly event, so keep song choices PG13-rated. We have the right to deny your song choice and have you choose another.
- Group lip-syncs of over two people will unfortunately not be allowed, but our contest is open to pairs/duos!
- Please keep song choices under four minutes in length. We also ask that you send us a Youtube link of the song you have chosen in your application.
- Cosplay is not required of contestants, however, it is highly encouraged!
- All contestants must enter and exit the stage at the designated areas and nowhere else. We cannot permit any jumping on or off stage, throwing anything, offensive language, political statements or gestures or any other activity that is against convention policy or would otherwise disturb the convention’s family friendly environment.
- Contestants will be judged on lip-syncing, choreography, and stage presence by panel of three judges (including last year’s winner!), so get hype!
- Winners will include 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, as well as a judge’s choice! Winners will receive prizes.
- The contest will begin at 7:00pm, and we’d like to ask contestants to arrive half an hour before (6:30pm) for role call, as well as sound check and stage checks.
- This year we’d like to ask for you to apply with at least two song choices to avoid overlap. Applications are first-come-first-serve and you may be asked to perform your second song if a previous contestant has already chosen it.
- Contest applications will close online on the 7th! This will allow us to comb through all the applications and send out confirmation prior to con.
- Props are allowed, but MUST follow guidelines shown in our cosplay rules. There will be no exceptions!
If you have any more questions about song choice or otherwise, let us know at email@example.com.