The Chibi Chibi Con Committee provides space, the Artist Alley and Vendor Hall, or “AA/VH”, for selling goods and services and for advertising during Chibi Chibi Con. Private vendors, individual artists, other conventions, related businesses, student groups, and student businesses (“merchants”) may reserve a table in Evergreen State College’s CRC Gym during the convention for these purposes.
Applications are open!
AA/VH general rules and regulations:
Artists and vendors. We define “vendors” as merchants conducting mostly resale, in that they have personally made or designed 20% or less of their stock. Examples: local comic or anime stores tabling at CCC, artists’ guilds selling mostly the work of artists not present, or publishers. We define “artists” as merchants who have personally made or designed 80% or more of their stock. Please apply for the appropriate category according to these definitions–our review processes for artists and vendors are designed around these definitions, and if miscategorized you may receive poor panel review results.
Registration and acceptance. SUBMITTING A REGISTRATION FORM IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING ACCEPTED TO TABLE. You will receive a confirmation email upon submitting a registration form, but it is not the same as being accepted to table. Artists that have been accepted to table at CCC 2022 and have a reservation will receive a secondary email confirming their acceptance.
Once accepted, your table, seating, and area in the AA/VH are reserved for the full duration of the event. This reservation is non-transferrable! If you have reserved a space and cannot come, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can provide the space to a waitlisted party.
Reservation fee. Before setting up day-of, you must pay your table registration fee. The table reservation fee may be paid online at minimum two weeks in advance prior to the event. This fee is non-refundable.
Setup and takedown. AA/VH setup begins at 10 AM day-of. You must arrive between 10:00 AM-11:30 AM on the day of the event to unload and set up your booth. If you have not arrived by 12 PM your reservation will be made available to other artists. Loading and unloading of merchant goods must be done from the back bay behind the CRC, in front of the CRC, or from Parking Lot C. Loading and unloading of goods and materials that cannot be carried in through the front doors of the CRC must be unloaded at the back bay. Vehicles must be moved to one of the campus parking B or C lots when loading/unloading is complete. DRIVING ONTO OTHER AREAS OF CAMPUS WITHOUT PERMISSION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
The AA/VH closes at 8PM. Please make no sales after 8PM and begin breaking down your setup. You will need to unload your remaining supplies through the front. Artists are welcome to break down sooner if need be, but preferably not before 7PM.
Prohibited goods and services. The following items and practices are prohibited: “blind bags” (bags or boxes sold to customers containing random merchandise) that include R-18 work, health screenings, psychic readings, tarot card reading, counseling services, sales of edible goods, weapon sales (including but not limited to knives, swords, and “cute”- or “kitty”-style self defense keychains), the burning of candles or incense, and the sale of items prohibited on school campuses by the Revised Code of Washington http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/. Threatening items, like prop weapons, must have an orange ring if they resemble guns and must pass through peacebonding at the info booth upon your arrival, BEFORE being sold. Items that shoot actual projectiles are not permitted.
“Damaging items,” including, but not limited to; hot glue guns, heat guns, knives, dremels, or anything that could possibly damage the tables or other property at the event are prohibited. Remember that you should have all your crafts done by the event, do not make them here. If you have an item that could be considered damaging, please email us at email@example.com.
- Please be kind to each other and to CCC volunteers. Conventions can be stressful, especially when you’re pulling long hours, so some conflict is understandable, but remember–we’re all here for a love of art and this community, so let’s do what we can to make this a pleasant experience for all involved! Should serious conflict occur, please come to the info booth and request a coordinator to mediate.
- Discriminatory behavior and harassment is prohibited. Treat everyone respectfully without regard to their race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or physical and mental ability. Do not make unwanted sexual comments or advances towards anyone at CCC, including attendees, merchants, or CCC volunteers. Should you experience treatment you feel is discriminatory behavior or harassment, please come to the info booth and request a coordinator or call (360)490-5861 for immediate help. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org during or after the fact (though our email response may be delayed). We reserve the right to ban from CCC individuals who participate in discriminatory behavior or harassment.
- Card EVERYONE attempting to buy or browse R-18 goods, and don’t display anything with explicit covers. R-18 goods are allowed in our AA/VH, but you must have a sign or sticky note attached to them stating their nature and check the ID of EVERY SINGLE PERSON who attempts to purchase them. Do not display R-18 goods with explicit covers, boxes, or displays even if you censor them with sticky notes or other barriers. “Blind bags” (bags or boxes sold to customers containing random merchandise) that include R-18 merchandise are not allowed. Attempts by minors to browse R-18 goods should be terminated and attempts by minors to purchase R-18 goods should be immediately be reported to the info booth. Under no circumstances do we allow the sale, display, or stocking of R-18 content involving underage characters. PLEASE REPORT MERCHANTS BREAKING THIS RULE TO THE INFO BOOTH OR TO email@example.com IMMEDIATELY.
- Restricted content: non-sexual nudity in displayed art is permitted, but please cover genitals with an opaque sticky note or other barrier. Non-sexual depictions of breasts are permitted. Non-sexual gore-centric art is permitted; sexual gore should be treated as R-18 goods. Basically, if you’d see it in a store around Halloween, we’re fine with it.
- Take note of our prohibited goods and services outlined above. Please read the whole section. Some prohibited items: weapons (including knives, swords, and “cute”- or “kitty”-style self defense keychains) and “damaging items” (including hot glue guns, heat guns, knives, or dremels). The sale of edible goods and psychic or tarot card readings are also disallowed.
- Power and extension cords. If you require power, we will do our best to assign you a space near power outlets. It is your responsibility to alert us upon your acceptance to the AA/VH if you would like to request power. You must bring your own extension cords and tape, keep them safely out of throughways, and tape them down to make sure no one will be tripped by them. If you’re worried about your phone having battery to process card transactions, we recommend purchasing a mobile rechargeable battery bank.
- Plagiarized art is NOT allowed in the AA. If art or merch is determined to have been plagiarized, traced, or copied from other art, official art, or merchandise, the artist selling it will be expelled from the AA. You may not sell another’s work translated into a new medium (e.g. perler bead art of official game sprites, spray paint art made with stencils cut from screenshots, or paintings of pictures). You may not sell art that is directly referenced or redrawn from the art of another or an “official” source. If an artist is found to be in violation of this rule, they may be ejected or banned at our discretion. Report plagiarized art here.
- Bootleg or pirated merchandise is not allowed in the VH. If a vendor is found to be selling physical merchandise impersonating a brand or en mass replicating a copyrighted design (like unauthorized plushies, figures, or apparel) or unauthorized copies of digital content (like CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, or video games) they may be ejected or banned at our discretion. Report bootleg or pirated merchandise here.
- Evergreen maintains a “fragrance-free” campus to protect those with allergies to perfumes. As such, we ask that you refrain from wearing or spraying/diffusing scented products when attending CCC.
- Smoking is allowed in designated locations only. Do not smoke in convention bathrooms, within the convention center, or directly outside of the building doors. For designated smoking areas, please visit https://www.evergreen.edu/facilities/smokers-information-center
- You may be photographed by Evergreen State college employees or CCC volunteers at CCC while they are taking crowd shots or if you are in the background of other photographs. We may use these photos on our website, on social media, or in emails. Any photos of you, personally, with yourself or your booth as the focus of the photo, will only be taken with your permission and will be credited to you.
- The Evergreen State College, Student Activities, and their constituents are not liable for any damage or loss of merchandise or other items brought on campus.
- The Evergreen State College, Student Activities, and their constituents are not obligated to refund or reimburse for tables that are canceled. In events of the cancellation of Chibi Chibi Con for a given year, tables will be carried over to the next event showing.
Artist Alley application info
Artists will be asked to submit:
- A link to an online portfolio (see below)
- A picture of a past con table setup if applicable, or, for first-timers, a mock-up table
This portfolio link MUST be to a Tumblr tag, Instagram account, public Google Drive folder, Deviantart GALLERY FOLDER, Imgur, Storenvy, Tictail, Bigcartel, other online store sites, or personal website.
– Showcase a variety of the work you’re most proud of
– Provide pictures of physical merchandise that are close up, well lit, and clear
– Provide minimum 10 pieces of work or, if using a larger portfolio (which is totally fine), make sure your best work is at the front
– Use Facebook, a Facebook page, Deviantart ACCOUNT PAGE, Dropbox, or your Twitter
– Provide ONLY table shots or shots of merch from a distance
– Use blurry and/or dark pictures
– Provide a link we are locked out of (for example, you link to a google drive folder we don’t have permission to view)
– Provide a link to an account shared with images of work you don’t plan to sell; we DO check the whole portfolio against our plagiarism guidelines (http://chibichibicon.net/plagiarism)
We will be using a partial jury, partial first-come-first-serve process.
Plagiarized art is NOT allowed in the AA, even if no red flags are raised in the panel review. If art or merch is determined to have been plagiarized, traced, or copied from other art, official art, or merchandise, the artist may be ejected from the convention.
Vendor Hall panel review criteria
Vendors will be asked to submit:
- A picture of a past con table setup or a mockup
- Several pictures of their stock
- A list of previous cons they vended at, if applicable
BY SUBMITTING A REGISTRATION FORM YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE POLICY DETAILED HERE, ON THE FORM, AND THE GENERAL POLICIES OF THE EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE POLICIES WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION OF APPLICATION.
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS? EMAIL EVERGREENCHIBICON@GMAIL.COM.