Poster Contest for 2023 has opened!
Chibi Chibi Con is proud to have posters made every year by local artists! Here’s the info you’ll need about this year’s contest. Make sure to read everything before submitting your design!
Submissions are open until November 16th.
The poster winner will receive:
- A 6-foot table space in the Artist Alley at Chibi Chibi Con 2023 (If unable to attend prize will be negotiated.)
- A bundle of Chibi Chibi Con merch (T-shirts, tote bag, stickers, pins)
- Several prints of their poster
Prizes can be redeemed only at Chibi Chibi Con 2023. The winner does not need to attend CCC in order to win, and if they so choose can forfeit the prizes and instead receive something else.
- Work with us throughout the process! Ask us any questions you may have, and be willing to make small edits.
- Submission must be a full poster, 11 by 17 inches, at least 300 dpi.
- Export your full poster (a file with your 11 by 17 inches poster) and mascot (a file with just the mascot and a transparent background) as PNGs, at least 300dpi. (Info and Details for the full poster may be tentative or be included as font samples.)
- Submit your working file (psd, indd, sai, etc). This is essential! We may need to make small changes to your poster should you win.
- Please name your files accordingly: fullname_poster.png, fullname_mascot.png, and fullname_poster.psd/indd/sai/etc (example: jemdoe_poster.png – you may use whatever name you wish to be credited by)
- Resubmitting a poster you’ve sent in for a previous contest is fine as long as it hasn’t been posted online.
- Previous contest winners may no apply, if you’d like to do more art with us, email us about doing a possibly commission/gift art through our email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Poster content guidelines (Info and Details like dates and events may be tentative.):
- Pink/red/green color scheme is encouraged–not a hard and fast rule, though! Blues go nicely with this, too.
You can use our internal color guide as a starting place, if you wish:
- Gear motifs encouraged
- Location (The Evergreen State College)
- A place for the date (March XX 20XX)
- Time (Noon to 11pm)
- “Admission is free”
- Space for a List of what is offered during the convention (artist alley, panels, maid cafe, dance, cosplay contest, lipsync contest, AMV, etc).
- Website (eg: “Learn more at chibichibicon.com” PLEASE NOTE it’s .com now!)
- A space for our logo
- All art (from line art to colors) must be original–no tracing, copying, or stolen art permitted. Original designs only–don’t go putting the mascot character in Naruto’s clothes, please!
- Keep in mind this is an all ages event on public property; all designs must be appropriate.
- Optional: an unobtrusive signature
- Optional: squirrel sidekick.
We suggest looking at past poster winners to take inspiration for your mascot design! We have dubbed our ever-shifting mascot Chibi-chan, and encourage you to take part in her evolution. The first incarnation of CCC’s mascot character was a red-haired girl with a bob haircut, in a crop top and plaid skirt, with robotic limbs. Somewhere along the way she gained cat ears and a tail! She also picked up a green squirrel companion, but the squirrel is not required by any means.
How you choose to interpret Chibi-chan is up to you! Here are some attributes to keep in mind:
- Pink hair
- Robotic limbs
- Cat ears and tail
That being said, make a design that you feel represents Chibi Chibi Con!
PLEASE NOTE: Winning designs will be printed and used by the Chibi Chibi Con Committee. (the student group that coordinates Chibi Chibi Con) to advertise and fund raise for Chibi Chibi Con. Submissions will be printed and used by CCCC as advertising, including but not limited to: posters, flyers, handbills, and internet ads. We may use your art on our social media accounts, in emails, on merchandise, and on promotional items. Parts of submissions may be omitted or edited. We may use winning designs to make merch, including but not limited to buttons, stickers, prints, and t-shirts. Your work will always be credited. By submitting a poster design you acknowledge that if your submission is selected you give CCCC license to edit, print, sell, and otherwise distribute the winning design and derivative versions in perpetuity.
What can I do with my design?
Regardless of whether you win, you may:
- Sell your poster design as a full sized, branded print at CCC or elsewhere
- Share your design online
In the past we’ve required designs to be kept under wraps until a winner is announced; we no longer require this.
You may not:
- Sell your design in any form other than full sized prints (11″x17″), or sell full prints “unbranded” (without “chibi chibi con” text on them). Forms other than full sized prints include small merch like stickers, buttons, or keychains. Your design is based on our mascot, Chibi-chan, and unauthorized merch of her cuts into our merch profits, one of the ways CCC raises money.
How is the winner selected?
Submissions are stripped of all identifying information and put to vote at a Chibi Chibi Con Committee meeting.
*CCCC HAS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR EDIT ANY OF THE GUIDELINES ABOVE AT ANY TIME*